growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

1.24.2012

2 months

It is so hard to believe that this past Saturday our baby boy turned 2 months already!  He has become such a little man and developing his own personality so quickly!  He had his 8 week check up on January 16th...
Stats:
12 lbs 6 oz
22.4 inches

He also got 3 shots, which I was kind of glad that I wasn't there because it would've been pretty difficult to see my little boy hurt:(.  Even Josh said that it was hard to go through, but said that Bo was a trooper and wasn't fussy or anything when they were done.  That's my tough boy!  When I got home from work and changed him for the first time I saw his bandaids and almost started tearing up myself!  Luckily that is over....for now.

One of Bo's favorite things is the ceiling fan.  He could stare at it for hours I think!  He also loves being in his nursery, which I think it is because of all the colors and things to look at.  He also enjoys the lighting in there as well.  He loves the changing table!  He is always ready to play when he is on it, it is so cute because he gets his little legs and arms going (we call it dancing the jig:)). He loves being naked or in just a diaper because then he can have his legs free, which is why he loves the changing table.  He is beginning to like rattles and stuffed toys (that have bright colors).  He loves to swing and watch the birds and look at the mirror above him.

Bo is also getting to be a very good sleeper!  He usually sleeps about 5-7 hours at a time at night and eats every 4 hours during the day.  He usually eats anywhere from 5-7 ounces at a time.  He is still eating breastmilk and hopefully will get to for at least six months, which is both good for him and good on our wallet:). 

We also got some pictures taken these past couple weeks, which was so fun!  Gretchen Scott Photography in Des Moines did awesome work and captured so many great pictures for us.  Here are a few of our favorites...


josh's police pin

Metro S.W.A.T.


Go Hawks!

Go Huskers!

My little Cowboy





our little stinker:)


Ok, so I have a lot of favorites.  One thing is for sure he isn't losing any hair yet!  He is definitely like his mama there:).  I can really see Josh's eyes when I look at him, which I love!  I think he is a good combination of both of us.  He has my chin, skin color, and hair (possibly my mouth, but sometimes I think he has Josh's).  He has Josh's eyes, nose, hands, and feet.  He already looks so grown up at 2 months old.  It is going to be so much fun watching him grow!

Boston also loves his little brother.  He is very protective of him already.  He follows us everywhere to make sure he is still in the picture at all times:).  He snuggles as close as he can to whoever is holding Bo.  Usually when you play fetch with him he doesn't like to give you the ball right away, but when you have Bo he drops it immediately:).  It will be fun for both Bo and Boston in a couple years when Bo can play with him.  I am excited to see it!

Grandma got to watch Bo this last Friday while Josh had to go in to work for a day.  I know Bo loved it just as much as Grandma:).  Grandpa also came to visit on Saturday!  We are so blessed to have them to show Bo so much love.  I am little anxious to see what naughty things Gpa and Uncle Nick teach him!  Grandma will most definitely spoil him that's for sure!  Another awesome thing is that Bo will have a cousin only 9 days younger than him.  Justin and Sydney's son Owen and Bo will be such a good friends.  I am excited to have them grow up together and get into some mischief:).

Josh is loving being at home and spending all this extra time with him.  He is such a great father and husband.  He gets up with him at night since I am working now.  Also, when I get home he lets me spend time with him while he usually cooks supper.  I love watching the two of them together and thinking about the future (ball games, fishing, hunting, horse back riding, learning about what Daddy does at work).  Josh is going to be such a good role model for our son and I am so lucky to have both of them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment