growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

8.16.2011

Calm before the storm

We have 16 weeks to go!  I can't believe it has gone by this quickly.  It seems like just yesterday we were beginning our journey toward becoming a family of three!  Everyday it has become more real.  Josh and I are trying to take advantage of every opportunity we have to just relax and enjoy eachother before our little guy gets here.  We know that moments will be few and far between for us to just relax, enjoy a nice dinner or relax at home on the couch. 

Josh's case started back up yesterday so last weekend we knew it would be a few weekends before we would both be together with nothing to do.  So, Friday night we went for a date night at Sam and Gabe's Italian Bistro and the food was amazing.  Josh had a couple glasses of wine, we shared some gelato and tiramisu, and enjoyed eachother's company:).  Going out for dinner is probably my favorite thing to do (other than just hanging out home!), so that is one thing that I will miss for awhile, but it will be well worth it!

Saturday I had a bachelorette party for Allison and I was glad I was able to go a little bit that afternoon to spend some girl time and watch her open her "fun" gifts from all of us.  Later on that afternoon my family came to town for the Iowa State Fair to watch the Draft Horse Pull.  Josh was a line judge this year (I got the honors of doing it last year, but we thought Josh better take my place in case anything "bad" were to happen).  After spending some time at the fair we all went back to our house and went to sleep (at 2am!!). 

I got up Sunday morning and made breakfast, homemade biscuits (my gma's recipe) and gravy, for everyone and around noon we didn't have any guests so Josh and I had planned to go register for baby gear.  I was prepared for Josh probably not being as excited as me and wanting to poop out early, but boy was I wrong.  We first went to Babies R Us and spent about 3 hours there (which by that time I was ready to call it quits!), but then we made our way to Target to start our registry there.  I had no idea how much a little baby needs!!  Josh really impressed me the whole day.  He had "the list" with him the whole time and he was the scanner gun controller:).  He was very excited about the whole experience and wanted to make sure we got everything our little man needed.  He also showed so much patience when I was getting a little tired or when I needed a snack.  We finally had left Target and then Josh wanted to go pick out paint for the nursery!  I couldn't believe it!  I was ready to go home and do nothing the rest of the night, but since I was going to be gone most of this week (Missouri State Fair with my parents) he thought it would be a good idea to paint while I'm gone so I wouldn't have to breathe the fumes in, since he is unable to go because of work.  He has exceeded all of my expectations with this pregnancy.  I always knew he would take care of me, but he has shown me more love and support that I had thought possible.  I truly am a lucky girl!

More belly pics!!

21 weeks

23 weeks

24 weeks (6 months!)
Some pictures from the weekend....



Josh and Uncle Dan at the Horse Pull

No comments:

Post a Comment