growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

8.30.2011

My Joshua

These past few weeks have been super busy, but yet a little boring around the house.  Josh has started a big case at work which has kept him away from home, and also caused him to miss a few events as well.  This is one of the things that I wish I could change about his job! 

He is the most passionate and dedicated person that I have ever met.  Which this, in turn, means that he is amazing at what he does and is an extremely hard worker.  Unfortunately, that may mean a few nights away from home and maybe even some all nighters at work!  I have missed him so much at home and also that he has been unable to go places with me.  And as hard as it may be sometimes to not see each other as often as we would like we constantly remind one another that this is only temporary and it will be over soon. 

I honestly cannot even describe in words how supportive, thoughtful, and caring Josh has been through this whole experience.  He has been extremely helpful around the house, especially on those nights where I am feeling a little more tired than usual.  He will offer to cook dinner (or I can get by with making something simple, without a complaint in the world!), do the dishes, help with laundry or cleaning around the house. 

Our usual routine after work goes as follows...
Come home, workout, do things around the house (mow, laundry, etc), cook dinner, play with Boston, watch our favorite shows, and get settled in for the night.  I usually fall asleep on the couch and Josh has his "secret life" that he calls it where he watches the History Channel or some channel that is informative and he wakes me up when he is ready for bed so I can stumble my way in.  Josh always makes sure that I am comfortable.  If my back starts bothering me he will offer to sit on the floor or the smalll couch while I sprawl out on the big couch.

Last week he worked every day of the week and even pulled an all nighter on Friday night, but Sunday on his only day off he spent the day painting the Nursery.  I do not tell him enough how much I appreciate everything he does at home and at work.  He truly is the most amazing man in the whole world.  Through all the late nights and early mornings for work he has still managed to make sure I am taken care of in every way possible and get things done with the nursery or house that he has wanted to get done.  Josh is one of those guys that will learn how to fix, install, or build something and do it himself before he would call someone to do it for him.  He is very handy and a "man's man":).  I am very proud of that fact about him. 

Josh is definitely a provider and protector.  He wants to make sure that the baby and I have everything we need, so if it means him working longer hours to get a little extra money to spend he will do it.  I continually remind him that we would much rather have him home with us that all the money or materials in the world, but like I said early he is a very passionate and dedicated man and will do whatever it takes for his family.  I could not have asked for a better person to spend my life with and raise children.  He is going to be the most amazing father and cannot wait to see him with our new bundle of joy which will be here before we know it!

So, THANK YOU SO MUCH, JOSHUA, for all you do for our family.  You have brought so much comfort to me knowing that I have you on my team for the rest of our lives.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment