growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

9.02.2011

26 weeks

This week I think I have doubled in size!  Luckily my weight has not, but just my belly.  I have really grown pretty round, which makes doing my day to day activities a little more difficult.  For instance, bending over to pick something off the floor is not as easy as it used to be, tying my shoes, and running.  I was telling Josh last night that I wish I could lift him off of me for about 5 minutes just so I can breathe a little easier! :)  I have noticed that when I am sitting on the couch it has been just a little more difficult to just sit there and relax because the extra weight that is on my lungs.  Lately I have been getting on all fours and just letting the belly "hang" for a bit just to take some of the pressure off.  It seems to be working and also relieves my back for a bit!

I know that this is only the beginning of what is to come for the next 3 months, but like I have said before, it is well worth it!!  I have been noticing a lot more looks from strangers, the ones that say "she is pregnant!" instead of questioning if I was or not.  I have had a few strangers asked if I was expecting and it usually followed by if it is my first.  I get really excited to answer that question!!

We had a doctor appt last Friday and were told that we will need to start going every 2 weeks now, which means we are getting closer!!  Josh has not missed one appointment.  He always drops whatever he is doing at work, picks me up at my office, and then we go to our appt and out to lunch usually after that.  We found out that I have the gestational diabetes test next Friday and they gave me glucola to drink one hour before arriving to my appt.  For some reason I am a little nervous about this test!  I know I am not overweight by any means, but the one craving I have had during the entire pregnancy that I did not have before is sweets!  I am usually more drawn to salts (nuts, cheeses, etc) and Josh is always the dessert eater, but since Baby Rhamy has been in the picture so have cookies, cupcakes, and ice cream!  I have tried to eat these in moderation (and by that I mean I have really tried since I found out about the test:)).  I am hypoglycemic, low blood sugar, so I am hoping my body hasn't gone into shock with the abnormal amounts of sugar it's been getting!

I have gone back to my normal jogging routine this past week, which I think has helped my self esteem along with my weight gain.  I have ran everyday except Sunday and Wednesday so I just need to keep this up!  It is much harder to jog than what I would've expected.  I think because my center of gravity is a little off it makes it a little more awkward than normal! The extra weight definitely doesn't help my already bad knees and oddly enough it has been my calves and achilles tendon that has been bothering me the most.  I signed up to do a 5K next Sunday and am really looking forward to it!  I am not going to have any record breaking time by any means, but I am looking forward to finishing it.  It will give me something to work towards for awhile.

Here is an updated belly pic!

26 weeks
    Also, one of my girlfriends got married this passed weekend and the wedding was beautiful (as was she)!  Josh was unable to go because of work so I headed back to Villisca Friday night and my mom and I went to the wedding on Saturday night.  Here are couple pics from the wedding!




No comments:

Post a Comment