growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

9.09.2011

Never felt better

During the final week of my 2nd trimester I can happily say that I have felt great this week!  I am a lot more energized (which could be because of my exercise routine), and ready to take on anything!  I have had better jogging times and a little more 'pep in my step'. 

Last weekend Josh and I were actually able to spend a little time together so we spent the weekend getting some much needed things done at home!  I did some deep cleaning around the house while he and a friend put in a new storm door and exterior door in our sun room - told you he was handy:).  I have also become quite the baker with all the extra time I have had on my hands.  I am becoming an expert on Red Velvet Cupcakes and I have to admit that they are pretty tasty!!

Today I had my gestational diabetes test and I don't think I have ever been so nervous for something in my life!  But this has by far been the most uplifting appointment.  The gestational diabetes test came back NEGATIVE and my hemoglobin is excellent.  The nurse told me that it is the same as my very first appt which is extremely rare and used the word "impressive":).  My belly is measuring 28 cm, which they said was perfect!  You typically want to measure the same # of weeks you are in your pregnancy and since I will be 28 weeks tomorrow I was super excited!  We were also able to hear his heartbeat (127 bpm).  So all in all it was a very good appointment!  We were also told that we wouldn't be getting any more ultrasoundss as long as there are no complications which was kind of a bummer, but we are thinking that we will get another one scheduled later on in the pregnancy with Prenatal Visions!

Josh and I are looking forward to yet another busy weekend.  I will be going to Iowa/ISU game on Saturday with my brother and some friends and Josh does have to work on Saturday for a bit but hopefully he will get some free time to watch the game.  Sunday I run my 5K at Water Works Park here in Des Moines and then I think we will go order our nursery furniture.  So lots of things coming up to look forward to!

27 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment