growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

9.12.2011

Tailgate + 5K

Josh finally had an entire weekend off this past weekend so we packed as much as we could into these past 2 days!  On Friday night my brother, Bethann, and Clint arrived at our place a little before 9pm and I had made lasagna for everyone, so we all ate, chatted, and went to bed.  Hart eventually got to our place around 1 am, in just enough time for him to get a few hours of sleep to wake up and tailgate!

We finally got left for Ames about 6:15 sporting our Hawkeye gear (well, except Hart) to start tailgating.  It was my first tailgate without actually tailgating, but I definitely enjoyed the eating part:).  We were able to catch up with a few friends that we haven't seen in awhile, so it was a great morning!  We headed back to our place to watch the game and grill some good food (and do a little napping!).  The outcome wasn't exactly what we had hoped with an ISU victory, but there's always next year!

We spent the rest of the afternoon watching more college football and playing a little Mario Kart. The Huskers (Josh's team) game started a little later, so we started watching it and then off to dinner at Jethro's where we were able to watch the Huskers victory!  We finished up our Saturday night playing a little Guitar Hero and off to bed!


Megan and I (Megan is due Jan 25th and I'm due Dec 3rd!!)

Eric, Megan, me, Josh

The guys - Ryan, Eric, Josh, Nick, Clint

Our Crew!

Nick and Bethann at dinner


Jethro's

Sunday morning we got up pretty early because I had signed up to do a 5K at WaterWorks Park in Des Moines.  The race benefitted the Children's Cancer Connection and there was also a pancake breakfast after (which was great motivation!).  Josh, Boston, and I got there around 830 and the race started at 9.  My cousin, Jenna; her son, Jaxon; and my Uncle Ted all came to watch me run as well!  The race went much better than expected!  I had a pretty good time for being 7 months pregnant and also got in a good workout for the day!  Josh and I also met a family there who's little girl was going through cancer.  Her father was a Des Moines fire fighter so Josh and him connected instantly.  After talking with them about what their little girl is going through really put into perspective how lucky we are to be having a healthy baby, but you should never take for granted the things you do have.  Thankfully their daughter is almost done with treatment and will hopefully soon be cancer free!!  After the race and breakfast we stopped by the Capitol to look at the 9/11 memorial.  There was a flag for each person that had lost a life that day.  It was very cool to see, but yet heartbreaking at the same time.


It's on!

The start of the race...

The end of the race...

Josh and I after the race
9/11 Memorial...


No comments:

Post a Comment