growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

8.03.2011

Squirm, squirm!

I have finally started to feel Baby Rhamy squirm, move, and kick!  Last week I had a work trip to Boulder, CO and I was lying in my bed in the hotel room on Wednesday (July 27th) and felt almost like a pulse!  I had a co-worker come over to look to see if she could see it to verify and sure enough she did!  So I tried to send a video to Josh so he could see it for the first time and I'm not sure that worked out so well:).  Since then I have been able to feel him like crazy!  I now know what people say when you feel a "flutter", because they have been nonstop since then!  They usually start around 4 or 5 in the evening and then a lot right before bed time.  I have had Josh put his hand on my stomach a couple times, but he doesn't want to push too hard because he is scared he will hurt him.  But I assure him that he has so much protection that a little pressure won't hurt anything.  A lot of times he will put his ear to my belly to listen to him move around, which has worked a litte, but sure enough yesterday he was able to feel a few "pulses".  It is such an amazing feeling to know that he is moving around in there, because it gives me assurance that he is doing ok and sometimes I think enjoying himself just a little too much!  I know this is just the beginning of what is yet to come with the kicks and pokes and cannot wait! (I say that now until he starts keeping me up at night:)).

Speaking of sleeping, for a little while I wasn't sleeping very well because I was just uncomfortable no matter what position I was in.  I had back problems before the pregnancy, and am notorious for popping it constantly, but it's gotten a little bit more difficult with my belly getting larger by the day!  But for our 2nd anniversary Josh bought me a body pillow called a Snoogle, because the traditional gift is cotton so it was very thoughtful and useful.  This thing is like heaven!  It isn't just any normal body pillow, but it is in the shape of  "C" and you can sleep in lots of different positions with it.  So once I'm all wrapped up in that I am out like a light during the night!  I definitely reccommend it to anyone who has trouble sleeping!

After my work trip to Boulder, CO I flew out of Denver early Saturday morning into Kansas City.  Josh picked me up from the airport that morning and we hung out in our room before we went to a late lunch and then off the the Kenny Chesney/Zac Brown Band Concert at Arrowhead Stadium.  I had got these tickets for us back in January, so this is something we had been looking forward to for awhile!  Other than being extremely hot it was a great concert!  I was ready to be home on Sunday, but it was a great week and weekend!

Live Healthy BE BOULDER Summit 2011 - Boulder, CO
Troy, Marci, Trista, Sara, Ashley


Kenny Chesney/ZBB Concert - Arrowhead Stadium July 30, 2011




After a few hours of sweating!


highlight of the night!!


I love him!!


No comments:

Post a Comment