growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

12.31.2012

GIDDY UP! Bo turns 1!

THIS POST WAS WRITTEN IN NOVEMBER!

A few days before Bo's first birthday we had his birthday party with our closest friends and family.  It was a Cowboy Themed birthday (would you have thought any different?:)).  I probably went a little overboard, but like they say, "You only turn 1 once!".  I tried to get as many pictures as we could because I know that is going to be the only thing that he will have to remember the party with. 

Etsy was definitely my friend during this process.  Thanks to Esty I got his 1st birthday customized shirt, customized banner and door sign.  We got the cake from Hy-Vee along with balloons.  I purchased the plates, cake plates, napkins, and a few other things from birthdaydirect.com.  They had some great deals!  I also put together a photo collage and strung his 1-11 month pictures on the window.  We also had "Cowboy Cookie" party favors to hand out to the parents that chose to take one. 

Along with the 14 lbs of meat from Jethros (pulled pork and brisket), we had little smokies, buffalo chicken dip, potato chips, smore's on a stick, cowboy caviar, and cheese & sausage.  So needless to say we had plenty of food, but it wouldn't be me if I didn't overdue in the food department.  I hope everyone left with full bellies, because that was my intention. 

Overall it was a great party filled with lots of children, laughs, and fun!  Bo wasn't acting his normal self that day because he had broke out with a rash that morning (see previous blogs).

A few pictures of the big day:)...

the great gmas

my family

Bo's BFF Jack, his mommy and aunt Ashley (love them!)
Some of the food...
 









the man of the hour!
Decor


 
The big moment!
 


very proud mommy and daddy
 

 


it's safe to say he loved his cake!
Bo and Papa


happy boy

doing what uncle Nick taught me

 
 
Present time!
getting help from all the kiddos

he LOVES his rocking horse

Bo and Gramma

Love him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment