growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

1.02.2013

Twas the Saturday before Christmas...

The Saturday before Christmas the day started off with Bo having a slight fever (101), we didn't worry about it too much because he had been cutting his front teeth...finally!  We had planned on running a few errands and knew it would take a bit with the 13 inches of snow we had gotten the Thursday before (Dec. 20).  The top of our list of errands was going to see Santa at Bass Pro.  They always have such a neat display of Santa's elves and his Reindeer.  Last year Bo was just over a month old so he slept the whole time getting his picture taken with Santa.  This year Josh and I had made bets if Bo would cry or not when sitting on his lap.  Josh guessed he would and I said no.  Well, after Dad set him on Santa's lap, he looked at him for a second to see what he was all about.  He had a gazed look on his face (like what is going on??) But at least he didn't cry!:)  I think it is because he didn't feel the greatest and he was fighting off a fever.  We did some last minute Christmas shopping and went back home to pack for Villisca.  When we got home Bo's temp had spiked again to almost 104!  We gave him some more Motrin and waited a bit before leaving for his temp to go down. 

checking out Santa, not sure what to think

the official photo of 2012


After getting all packed (We looked like the Clampets and could hardly see out the back window) we headed south for my parents house.  Bo slept most of the way and we took his temperature throughout the trip to make sure he was doing allright.  About 10 miles South of Atlantic Bo's temp spiked again, back up to 104.  At this point I told Josh that we should probably head to the ER---it seems that Bo is never sick during the week so there have been a few ER trips, better safe than sorry:).  About 5 more minutes went by and his temp read 105.1.  I told Josh that he definitely needed to hurry to Red Oak because I was getting nervous!  I called my parents and let them know where we were headed and that we would be late for dinner. 


When we arrived at the ER we got in fairly quickly, but we still very nervous.  They took his vitals and his oxygen levels were great, which relieved Josh and I.  That was what we were most nervous about.  When the Dr. came in and began his examination it turned out that Bo had a fairly bad ear infection in his right ear, this is the ear that has fluid in it.  We were a little surprised because he had been sleeping good, it didn't bother him to lay down, and he had been acting ok.  The Dr. said the same about Bo's temperment.  He is always filled with such personality!  The Dr. was very helpful and gave us some great advice to avoid ear infections in the future.  My mom had also met us over there because I think I had made her slightly nervous when I called.  So at about 830 that evening we made it to my parents and ate dinner with them and my brother.  So our trip started off a little rough, but everything turned out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment