growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

1.02.2013

December happenings

Since I am just now getting all caught up on blogging (well, trying anyway!) I will throw all of our December events into one.  December was filled concerts, dinners, playdates, and parties!

I couldn't have started off the month better than seeing Jake Owen.  He has been quite the obsession of mine lately considering I got two of his CDs for Xmas and they are playing constantly in my car.  Jenna and I went to see him in a very small venue in Des Moines.  As most of you know, I LOVE going to concerts.  I knew once I heard that he was coming to town and playing at Val Air that this probably wouldn't happen again because he is getting big pretty quick.  It was a great show.  It started off with Florida Georgia Line, followed up with Love and Theft and the finale Jake Owen.  He is quite the entertainer.  He dances a lot on stage and really interacts with everyone.  Definitely worth baring the heat that filled the place.  We eventually made our way to close to the front.  I would do it all over again!

great view!

love her!
The next weekend was followed up with yet another concert.  This one was Carrie Underwood.  I had bought these tickets for my mother and I back in May for her birthday and was very excited to see her in concert.  Unfortunately Carrie was losing her voice, so she said she was about 50% (which I thought she sounded awesome for the most part!).  She announced during the concert that she had felt guilty about losing her voice and that whatever profit she was making from the event she was going to donate back into the community, which I thought was very classy and honorable.  It was a great concert as well.  She had about 5 costume changes and I loved every single one! Hunter Hayes opened up so it kind of felt a little bit like a Beiber concert at the beginning because all the young girls were swooning over him:).  I had a good time with you MOM!


My pretty Mom
The following night my mom played babysitter while Josh and I went to the Narcotics Christmas Party for the PD.  We had missed a couple previous years so we were glad we were able to go this year.  They had a white elephant exhange after eating dinner at Raccoon River.  It was fun to see everyone and also meet some of the new investigators.  After dinner we headed downtown for a couple cocktails and then home to see our little boy!

date night
The next week I had dinner with a couple girls that I don't see as often as I would like to, Sarah and Allison.  Sarah has a little boy named Conner a few months younger than Bo, and Allison is expecting a baby girl any day now!  I was so glad to catch up with them and see Conner.  I can't wait to meet baby Davis!

what a cutie

Another good friend of mine, Amanda, had her first baby on November 30th.  Amanda had the same due date as me so it was fun to follow her pregnancy.  They did not find out the sex so I couldn't wait to see if I guessed right (a boy).  After her husband, Greg, showed Josh and I the 3D ultrasound we both guessed right away that it was a boy and we were right!  Baby Aiden Gregory is so handsome and petite (like his mommy).  Can't wait to see him and his parents again!

 
We also gave Bo his big Christmas present from us a little early since it was too big to take with us to Villisca.  We got him an "anywhere chair" from pottery barn.  He loves climbing on the couch, so we thought he would love a chair of his own.  Right now it is more for playing than relaxing and he has learned some new tricks with it too.  But boys will be boys!


he will do anything to get to the table--needless to say,
we have few decorations up anymore
We finished up the year with a playdate with our favorite pair, Sara and Jack.  We met them at the mall at the play center.  This was Bo's first time, but Jack is an old pro!  You can tell because he isn't scared to jump and climb on all the fun toys.  Bo was a little hesitant at first but eventually warmed up.  This was the first time that they have really got to play with eachother since Bo started walking.  Bo was a little busy at his bday party:).  I enjoyed chatting with Sara, I don't see her as much as what I would like either, but love our time with them. 

BFFs!

He was tuckered out
a couple other fun pictures from this month...


eating a mickey mouse pancake

No comments:

Post a Comment