growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

4.08.2014

One is silver & the other's gold.

You know the tune you sang as a child that goes something like "Make new friends, but keep the old.  One is silver and the other's gold".  This definitely rings true, but in a different way for me.  One goes to my friends (old and new) and one goes to my family.

I had the pleasure of catching up with one of my oldest friends.  I cannot say enough how great it was to see her.  Once again, it was as if nothing had changed and I've realized just how alike we are in so many ways.  Like I have said before, I don't have a lot of friends that I get to reminisce with from my childhood and it is good to get to do that every once in awhile (or once every 10 years or so:)).   She was so gracious enough to drive 2 hours to take some family pictures for us and catch up, all while being 30 weeks pregnant!  She is a trooper, and that also tells a lot about who she is, selfless.  This year has been a tremendous growing year for me.  Figuring out my real friends, obviously always putting my family first, and getting justification on things that I couldn't let go for a long time. I have a handful of people in my life that I know have my best interest at heart and Mallory is one of them.  Thank you so much for the fun morning and afternoon.  I can't wait to share in your journey of being a Mommy!  As we always used to put on our letters in grade school and jr high, LYLAS. <3


 
Some of my favorite pictures she captured:).









We arrived just in time for naptime to be over for Bo and also for Ma'ma and Papa's arrival.  They decided to make a quick trip up to see the kids since it had been awhile.  And at this age with both kiddos they are changing and learning daily, which makes me happy but sad at the same time because I wish time would SLOW DOWN!  It ended up being a decent weekend for weather, which has been hard to come by lately.  I know the kids enjoyed their evening and morning with Ma'ma and Papa.



 





After naptime we made sure the fun did not end there and we were going to make the most of the beautiful day and decided we should take a trip to the park.  It was Vallery's first time in the stroller without her carseat and first time to the park.  She LOVED the swing, just about as much as Bo LOVES the slide.  He isn't too hip on the swing, but give him a slide and some dirt and he is as happy as can be.  It was a fun-filled weekend with those that matter...remember one is silver and other is gold. 











No comments:

Post a Comment