growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

10.31.2014

Our Big Boy. {Bo}

Each and every day I am more proud of the big boy Bo is becoming.  He is such a caring, well-mannered little boy.  Trust me, he has his moments, but overall he is just a good kid.  A couple weeks ago Bo was officially potty trained.  I almost could've cried the first time I watched him run into the bathroom, pull his own pants down, and go.  That might be a little TMI, but I can't help it, I am so darn proud of him.  He hasn't had any accidents at school and is very excited to wear big boy underwear all the time.  We are still putting him in a diaper during nap and bedtime, but he has woke up dry nearly everytime.  Soon we will be forgoing the diapers for good for him. 

I need to give a GIANT shoutout to my rock star husband who volunteered to potty train Bo. He had some time he needed to burn at work, so he decided what week he was going to stay home with him and they had "potty training boot camp".  The first couple days I know were a little rough on both of them, but by day 3 Josh had him almost completely trained.  I am so proud and thankful for him being so involved with our kiddos. Bo has an awesome role model to look up to.

Back to Bo...He is always asking if we are ok and if we feel good, he has such a soft heart!  He does a very good job of apologizing when he has been naughty (most of the time it is for picking on his sister...). In a few short weeks he will be 3 years old and I continue to tell him that he is the best birthday present I have ever received since we are only 5 days apart. 

He is obsessed with the Ninja Turtles.  He loves watching the cartoon and playing with his Ninja Turtle toys.  He has very slowly gotten a 4 action figures along with Master Splinter (He acquired that one last as a treat from Dad after potty training).  He likes to act like a ninja a lot of times, which is pretty humorous.  He is dreamer and pretender, which I love.   

Bo loves to put together block puzzles.  My parents got him one with farm animals on it when he just a baby and he puts it together constantly now.  He knows all his colors, shapes, and abcs.  I know they practice writing their name all the time at school.  He also enjoys watching me draw pictures for him on demand.  His typical requests are Turtles, Woody, Buzz Lighyear, Sully, Boston, Sensei (Master Splinter), and a snowman.  He is such a hoot and says the funniest things! 

That little boy will forever have my heart and I am so lucky to be his Mama.











No comments:

Post a Comment