growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

7.11.2012

1st Father's Day

I can't even tell you how excited Josh was for his first Father's Day.  The word 'proud' is the best I can do to describe it.  He has exceeded my expectations of what I always pictured the father of my children to be. He is very hands on with Bo, not only do we take turns doing the day to day things with him (baths, feeding time, putting him down for nap time, reading before bed) but he thoroughly enjoys every second of it.  It is almost as if we "fight over" who is going to what with Bo for the day/evening.  I know that Father's Day has a brand new meaning to him now that he is a father.  It is a day that is beyond gifts and cards, but a day that he is thankful to Bo and all the joy that he has brought to his life.

We made a weekend out of Father's Day and spent the day as a family on Saturday afternoon.  Josh was dressed in a navy blue shirt with khaki shorts, so naturally I wanted to dress Bo just like his Daddy and I have to say that it was pretty darn cute!  We spent the evening at home as a family, which doesn't get any better than that!


how cute are they?
The actual day of we cooked Josh breakfast and let him sleep in a little.  After giving him his cards Josh mowed the lawn and also let Bo experience his first time on the mower.  I know he cannot wait until Bo can start doing 'chores' with him and fixing things around the house.  That afternoon my mom came up to spend some time with us and her dad as well.  We went over to my grandma's house for an early dinner and visited with family for a bit. We put Bo into a onsie that was fitting for the day that said "I love Dad".  That night Josh fed Bo and the three of us had some more family time.



so happy it's father's day!

mower time

i love dad

this bib was fitting for the day


No comments:

Post a Comment