growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

7.31.2012

Warrior Dash

Someway, somehow I talked Josh into doing another race with me.  Josh and I ran the Warrior Dash on July 14th in Earlham, IA.  After the Dam to Dam last year (12.4 miles) Josh swore off races, but with the Warrior Dash only being 3.4 (with 12 obstacles) he agreed.  Plus, I think the obstacles interested him a bit too:).  It was the first time this race had come to Iowa so I was very anxious to see what all the hype was about.  It definitely lived up to all my expectations!

I was a little nervous about all the obstacles, thinking Josh would have to help me with some, but I surprised myself!  I did very well in all the obstacles.  I was extremely proud of myself:).  I knew I would be able to do the running portion of it even though I hadn't really been running lately because of problems with my knee, but since the race is so stop and go we were able to manage it.  We finished in 38-something minutes, which wasn't bad considering we didn't really push ourselves and were toward the back of the pack at the beginning (meaning there are some slow parts of the race because you will have to wait with the large number of participants).  The best part about the whole race was that we were able to do it together and it was another thing we could check off of our list.  We are definitely interested in doing it again!

WE ARE WARRIORS!
before the race
whoo!



we finished!




look who we ran into!






No comments:

Post a Comment