growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

8.01.2012

Blake Shelton + Horse Pull

Josh and I were lucky enough to get asked to go see Blake Shelton on July 20th in Monticello, IA with some friends, Kirk and Andrea Bagby.  Andrea's dad is president of the fairboard for the GREAT JONES COUNTY FAIR so she gets tickets every year to the concerts, and she was gracious enough to ask Josh and I to go with them.  I can't even tell you how excited I was to see him!  This was also the first night that both Josh and I were away from Bo.  It was super hard to leave him, but we knew he was in good hands with Grandma.  It was nice to have some alone time with Josh as well:).

Going to concerts is one of my favorite things and seeing Blake Shelton was too bad either;).  I have been a fan for awhile and after watching The Voice Josh has become a fan too!  We had a great time with Andrea and Kirk, as we always do, and drinking a few cocktails as well!  Thanks again to Kirk and Andrea for allowing us to spend the evening with you!

gotta love fair food!

Andrea and I


Mr. Shelton


Love him!
making our way thru the crowd!

The next evening my Uncle Dan hosted a Draft Horse Pull in Osceola, so we were home for about an hour before heading down to yet another county fair.  I always enjoy watching these because it is what my family did every weekend during summertime growing up because my dad, brother, Grandpa Jack, Uncle Dan, and Uncle Doug always participated in them.  Now, my brother will help hook, my Uncle Dan and Doug still participate along with my Uncle Doug's wife, Pam, and my cousin, Cody.  My dad was excited to see Bo and I always enjoy seeing family.  My Uncle Doug almost gave me a heart attack after the pull because as my little cousin, Alysia, was holding Bo he told her to see Zip (one of the draft horses) and with Alysia not even being as tall as his leg my heart was pounding to say the least the whole time Bo and Alysia were petting Zip.  I enjoyed watching Alysia and Ashlan (my cousin Dessa's daughters) interact with Bo.





Alysia and Bo

Checking out the cows



No comments:

Post a Comment