growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

8.02.2012

Time with an old friend

My best friend from high school is back in the area for a bit while her husband is overseas.  I was so glad that after much advanced planning it finally worked out for us to get together on a weekend...  I crashed her family trip to Adventureland and Josh graciously offered to watch Bo while I spent the day with her and her family.  We had such a great time.  Caleb (her 5 year old son) and I became besties and rode nearly every roller coaster together.  He's quite the daredevil and has such a great personality. He makes me smile so much:).  Benjamin (her 2 year old son) was there as well.  He looks more like Jackie and I think he may have a little bit of her personality too.  He went with her Aunt, Uncle and Gma for some of the day while we rode the "big kid" rides, so we didn't get to spend as much time with him at the park. 

After we left Adventureland we picked up some pizza and spent some time at my house.  She had never been there before so I was anxious to have them over.  That's when things started to get real fun.  Boston wanted to lick everyone and Ben was a little unsure of him at first, but Josh eventually got him warmed up to him.  I know Josh enjoyed playing with Ben and Caleb (he was able to be a little bit of a kid himself:)).  Jackie got her baby fix and fed Bo his supper, so I would say the day and night was successful.  I also talked Jackie into coming to the Miranda Lambert (our favorite singer in high school...too many memories to even talk about with her songs...) concert at the Iowa State Fair.  Josh is going to watch all the boys (such a good guy) while we go have a night to ourselves.  I am looking forward to that night...post to come.

Jackie and I definitely do not get to talk as much as we would like or see each other as often, but that doesn't change anything about our friendship.  She is someone that will forever 'get me' and the feeling is reciprocal.  I cherish our friendship so much, because a friend like her doesn't come around very often, if ever.  My favorite memories from high school belong with her and I am so grateful to have her in my life.  Even though our friendship may have taken some time in the beginning, it was meant to be.  She is a wonderful person inside and out, I went through some of the toughest times with her by my side and I cannot thank her enough!  I love her boys like they are my own, respect her husband, and admire her strength. 

Some pictures from the day/evening...

Caleb and I on the Tea Cups

Ben on the Tea Cups

Falling Star - Caleb was not happy at first, but he loved it!

Caleb and Bo playing patty cake

Bo loves Jackie!!

What are they doing over there?

Boys being boys...


trying to get a good pic of all the boys

Take 4...

Got one!

Love this little guy






No comments:

Post a Comment