growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

8.24.2012

Iowa State Fair x 4

I got my fill of the ISF this year, being that I went 4 different times!  Each time I went was with a different group of people so it made it fun!  I don't think I have ever walked around the fair that much and to be honest I didn't know that the fair covered so much ground.

Trip #1
We had a company outing the first Friday of the fair (August 10th).  We saw the butter cow, walked through the varied industries building, saw the big pig, went to the Iowa Craft Beer Tent, drank margaritas, and of course ate CORN DOGS! 

Ashley looks frightened!

The girls with Margs!

The gang

Trip #2
The first Saturday of the fair is the Draft Horse Pull, which my Uncle Daniel hosts.  This was also Bo's first time going to the State Fair so I was super excited!  My family comes up every year for this so it makes for some quality family time.  Josh judged the pull again this year along with my brother, so it made it even more enjoyable to watch.  Right when we got there my mom and dad both went straight for the food vendors.  My mom had an italian sausage sandwich and cajun chicken on a stick, and my dad had a brisket sandwich along with a corn dog!  The Gray's love their fair food!  After the horse pull we all had chili dogs and some had more corn dogs (including me!).  It was a fun night and Bo was such a good boy the whole time.  He also got to try Lemonade for the first time, courtesy of his Papa! :)

trying on dad's glasses

the fair already wore him out! 

fun with Bethann!


Bo and Mama

Josh, Paul, Nick

Bo and Junior (while Papa is feeding him Lemonade)

Trip #3
The following day (Sunday) was a big night for me!  My best friend, Jackie, and I scored 2nd row tickets to go see Miranda Lambert.  This was a very fitting concert for the two of us to go considering we listened to her CD in high school until it was ruined!  We related to Miranda's songs and this concert gave a chance to go back in a time a bit and spend some good 'grown up' time together.  It was probably one of the funnest nights I had in a long time.  There are just some people that you meet in your life that you will always connect with without work.  She is one of them.  I cannot even tell you how much fun we had!  Minus the down pour right before Miranda came out, it was a great time!  We had awesome seats...the best I have ever had at a concert!  Until next time... (which there will a next time!!)

<3 her so much!

The group before the concert!

after the first down pour

aren't we cute?? Ha!




Miranda and I:)



Pistol Annies



Trip #4
The last and final trip of the ISF was with Justin, Sydney and Owen.  They had planned a trip to Des Moines to stay with us for a couple days and spend some time at the fair.  I always enjoy seeing the boys together.  Both boys are crawling so to say the least they were into everything!  Owen does an army crawl and he's pretty quick! :)  Bo is up all fours, so it was enjoyable watching them both together.  At the fair, we saw all the sights, ate some good food, bought a few things which made it a very successful day at the fair! 

the boys


The Rhamy's with their sons!

Family pic

No comments:

Post a Comment