growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

7.12.2012

A week with my babe

The last week in June I was extremely lucky and was able to take work off to spend with Bo.  Time is so precious with him, so I want to make sure I get as much with him as possible.  It was a wonderful week that went far too quickly for my liking, but I am very appreciative of each day that we spent together.

MONDAY
Monday was a day filled with a whole lot of nothing, which I loved!!  We literally just hung out all day long; played peek a boo, did a lot of sitting up, rolling over, bouncing in the johnny jump up, and of course snuggled!  We also went for a short walk, but because of the heat we decided one loop around the neighborhood was good enough! Days like that are few nowadays, but one of my favs.

he's excited for a week with mommy!

Oops! There's a stroller in the house!

QT with my babe

TUESDAY
Tuesday Josh took most of the day off to go to the Iowa Cubs game so Bo and I met him around noon at the ball park ( we spent most of the morning getting prepared for the game; naps, lunchtime, packing the diaper bag).  I know Josh was super excited to see both of us for the game as well.  Bo even made his first appearance on the big screen.  We were sitting next to the camera man that wanted to get a shot of Bo's naptime during the game:).  I, of course, was extremely excited about Bo's new found fame, haha!  We also dressed him a little baseball outfit.  Josh picked it out and that was the only thing he wanted him to wear.  We left the game a little early to sneak more family time in.

sleepy boy during the game

I must've been a crazy driver on the way home!
 
WEDNESDAY
Yay for playdates!  Wednesday Bo and I had made plans for him to hang out with his BFF, Jack Liker, and his mommy, Sara.  We were looking forward to this day all week!  We also had another guest, Marci, a friend of mine that I work with.  Marci had the day off too and wanted to get some baby time in!  Our original plan was to take the boys to the pool, but with temperatures being over 100 degrees we decided it would be best to keep the boys indoors, so we had a party at the Rhamy house.  Jack is a couple months older than Bo so he was crawling all over the place!  It is exciting to see what I have to look forward to with Bo.  Jack can also pull himself up and walk with a little help:).  I am anxious for the time when both boys can walk.  It will probably be quite the workout for Sara and I, but it will be so exciting!

Jack and Bo being goofy

Uh oh, don't show dad!



THURSDAY
Thursday was a day filled with a few errands that we needed to run because there was a birthday for someone special that was fast approaching.  So after lunch time we got in the car and went a few different places.  The last stop was at the mall and I was in the dressing room trying on some clothes and of course Bo is talking non stop (normal), but I look up and he is laughing and having the funnest time looking at himself in the mirror.  It was probably one of the funniest things I had seen him to up until this point.  I got a good chuckle out of it:).


talented son:)

always smiling
FRIDAY
I was sad when Friday came because I knew that Bo and I's week together would be coming to an end.  If only all the stars would line up perfectly one day that I could spend all my weeks with him:).  Since it had been so hot all week and we didn't get a chance to go to the pool like we had planned, Friday ended up being a great day to go.  It was still pretty warm, but there was a good overcast that kept the temperature bearable.  Since it was just the two of us and I didn't know how long either one would last outside, I decided that going to the pool at the police building would work out the best.  It ended up being perfect because we were the only two there.  We ended up staying and playing for about an hour before heading home.  The timing couldn't have worked out better because a big storm came through about 30 minutes after we got back.  Bo was tuckered out from swimming, so he napped on me while we listened to wind and rain.  It was very calming and relaxing...a perfect ending to our perfect week.

surfer hair after the pool

tired boy

did take long before he was back at it

No comments:

Post a Comment