growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

3.12.2013

basketball for a cause

The first weekend in March we headed back to Villisca to spend some time with family and more importantly Josh and Nick were playing in a basketball tournament that benefitted a young boy (a little older than Bo) named Emmett with Leukemia.  It makes my heart ache thinking about what this family is going through.  This family has more strength that I could ever imagine.  With the parents each coming from small communities (one from Villisca and one from Stanton) there has been so much support and many raffles, auctions, and benefits for the family.  Gotta love SW Iowa, I know I do:). 

I was little bummed that the 5K was cancelled that morning due to snow and ice, but very happy that there was such a big turnout for the 3 on 3 bball tournament. Bo, Gramma, and I headed up to the gym that morning to watch Nick and Josh's team play. Bo was a little hesitant at first and didn't want down from anyone's lap, but once he started playing with the basketball balls he couldn't get enough! I know we will have a sports lover for sure between my love and his dad's love for sports. The guys did very well in the tournament, they lasted longer than Bo could. He eventually fell asleep on me, so Gramma took him home for a nap around 130. It was a very fun day benefitting a very special little boy.




playing with uncle nick


he made a friend :)


tired boy
The next day we had planned on going to see Justin, Sydney and Owen that morning, but didn't make it over until that afternoon.  Bo snuck a morning nap in on us, which usually he only naps once a day.  The boys had a blast of course, and it was fun to see Owen and how much he had changed since it had been since Xmas!!

right before his nap

he loves his uncle nick!
 
the boys sharing their snack

look what we can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment