growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

10.21.2013

Mr. Shelton (round 2)

I cannot even explain how excited I was to get to see Blake Shelton again.  Josh and I saw him once before the summer of 2012 at the Jones County Fair.  Our seats were in the 6th row and so close to the stage (4 seats maybe?).  We went with my brother and his friend, Hawken.  We drove down to Villisca on Wednesday night to get the kids settled in with Gramma and Papa.  We left Thursday morning and made a pit stop at the St. Joe Boot Co.  When we finally got checked in to our hotel, we all got cleaned up and went down to the P&L for some grub and drinks.  Our favorite place is the PBR bar.  I'm sure you can imagine how excited I get considering there are pictures everywhere of all the Bull Riders, clips of old events on the tvs, and country music.  Ahhhh...heaven!

Jana Kramer and Easton Corbin opened up for Blake.  I had seen them both once before, but so glad we got there early enough to see them.  It was a great concert with some even better seats!  Danielle Bradberry from the voice made an appearance and Gwen Sebastian (also from the voice) is one of his back up singers.  And randomly Guy Fieri made a 30 second appearance on the stage. 

We finished up the night at the PBR bar where all of us put in our fair share of dancing.  It had been a long time since Josh and I were able to do that, so we took full advantage.  We left at about 1230 and hit up a townie place with great burgers called Town Topic. All in all it was a very successful trip!

However, I will mention my almost breakdown after eating at Town Topic and not having a clue where we were.  I was totally convinced we were going to die that night.  The next day Josh told me that if he would've listened to me we would've been one foot in the grave and one on a banana peel.  Maybe I'm a little bit more of a home body than I thought? :)









No comments:

Post a Comment