growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

6.20.2014

Another weekend in the dirt (rain)

Josh went to Iowa City for his annual golf tournament at Riverside.  It is always a nice getaway for him to have some time with "the guys", do some gambling and play a whole lot of golf!  With him being gone for the weekend I decided to take the kiddos back to Villisca.  But my mom and Grandma Gray come up on Friday afternoon and got the kids from school.  I cannot even tell you how excited they were to see Gramma at school.  My mom said that Bo ran up to him and gave her a hug that was never ending.  Melts my heart. 

I arrived later that night to my parents house and we had a relaxing evening talking ont the deck.  The next morning it rained super hard for the most part, so Bo and I headed to Uncle Nick's to watch a movie.  After naps for everyone; Bo, my Dad, and I went off to do chores for the day.  This is what I look forward to most when I go back home.  Since it had rained over 10 inches in a week down there, a lot was flooded.  It took a bit for Bo to go into the water with his rubber boots, but after a bit we couldn't get him out of there.  Feeding the calves was old news and he had an impromptu swimming trip instead!  Those are the moments that I live for. 

After the big swimming adventure we started preparing for the big evening cookout.  We had morel mushrooms, ribs, steak, baked beans, and chips.  My grandma came over along with Clint. After filling our bellies Clint and Nick took Bo out to the farm, my dad got in his truck and "checked" on everything, and my grandma, my mom and I sat and chatted out on the deck while have a couple cocktails.  That night I went up to the local watering hole with Nick and Clint to catch up with a few folks.  I love small town Iowa!




the flood.




new besties

its his world...we're just living in it.

there's a first time for everything. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment