growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

6.20.2014

Dam to Dam (round 2)

The last Saturday in May my brother and I ran the Dam to Dam again.  He had completed it with me in 2011 when it was 12.4 miles, again last year, and then with me this year when they bumped it up to a half marathon (13.4 miles). 

First off, I was not prepared to run this AT ALL.  But on a positive note, I did much better than I had expected and only walk a few times for short periods of time.  I was like Seabiscuit out of the gates, which is kind of my strategy anyway because I know am going to peter out at the end of the race, because I definitely did not have the miles on my legs to run strong throughout the whole race.  Nick told me to slow down after mile two, but I had to inform that I needed to make up time at the end.  We lost eachother at about mile 3 or 4 because he had to stop and use the facilities, but I told him he could catch up. It was a good run all the way up until mile 9, after that is was pretty brutal.  And then with .7 miles left in the race I get a tap on my shoulder from my brother.  Which thank goodness he was there to push me toward the end because I fully prepared to walk across the finish line in front of hundreds of people without feeling one ounce of embarrassment (I was to that point!).  I was so happy to finish with him, but also happy to do nothing the rest of the day.  My body was hurting!!

That afternoon Nick and I took naps (you have to get on the bus at 5am to even get to race, so it had already been a long day) and Josh played with the kiddos.  That evening we treated ourselves to Jethros and a giant Beer.  I was so happy I did it again and I am looking forward to the Half Marathon in October!

BEFORE 



AFTER

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment