growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

7.06.2013

Bo's Big Boy Room

It was such a hard transition for me to move Bo out of the nursery and into his big boy room.  This meant that he was no longer my "baby".  To me he will always be my baby, but it seems like just yesterday we brought him home from the hospital feeling overwhelmed with emotion, and now he has gotten to be so big!  My inspiration for Bo's room came from his love of books, especially Dr. Seuss.  They are his favorite books to read with Mommy and Daddy, so it seemed like the obvious choice for his bedroom. 

The first thing that we had ordered was his Dr. Seuss alphabet sheets.  I just love them and he can learn from them also.  He is always pointing out the cat and the hat.  This mama thinks he is one smart cookie:).

The biggest project by far was his bed.  It is a knock off platform bed from Pottery Barn Kids.  I had found the plans to make this bed online and my dad wanted to make it.  So he and a friend made this from scratch.  It looks better than what I had imagined!  Josh and I stained it ourselves and then it was complete!





I wanted to incorporate him being a big brother, because it is going to be such a big role for him.  And I know that once sissy gets here his world is going to be flipped upside down.  So I made his Big Brother sign first (similar to his sister's sign) and then also found on etsy (of course) a very cute personalizable print. 




 
I love this sign!

 
This is the back of it, so when he grows out of his Dr. Seuss room he will still have use for it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment