growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

7.17.2014

Vallery's 1st Birthday Party



Vallery's 1st Birthday Party was held on July 12th @ 3pm at our house.  I have been planning this day for so long!!  I typically do themes, but for Vallery I just did colors.  I decided on pink, mint, ivory and gold.  Doing these colors I was able to upcycle some of the fabric and things that I had used for her bedroom.  I knew that I was going to make as much as possible because it's easier on the pocket book and honestly I have gotten to where I really enjoy doing some crafting (I never thought I would ever say that).  I bought the paper straws, balloons and had the tissue garland from her bedroom decor.

I had gotten a couple ideas from some blogs and decided to make her onesie, tutu, cake bunting, cupcake toppers, banner, cake sign, and banner for her highchair.  I also did all the baking and food making (with a little help from my mama, of course).  I will say it is kind of difficult to find food to match with the colors:). We had cucumber sandwiches, italian roll ups, spinach dip, sausage & cheese, animal cookies and pink lemonade.  (along with a few adult beverages too).  I had originally intended on giving her the big cake to eat herself, but Josh though a cupcake was more fitting for her first time eating cake.  Thankfully I listened to him, because I think she was in a sugar coma after eating the WHOLE thing!  She did get one swipe of the frosting off the big cake after we sang happy birthday to her. Thanks so much to our friends and family for coming to celebrate Vallery.  We are very lucky to have each and every one of you in our lives.














 






can you tell they are related??

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment