growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

7.01.2014

Bye Bye Binky!

We have finally been binky free for almost 2 weeks now (for Bo that is...).  Yes, yes I know we are just NOW getting rid of the binky.  He did only have it at night, not during naps or during the day.  I am so sad, yet proud at the same time (more proud of myself than Bo, he took it a little better than I did:)).  Good friends of ours had a baby girl on June 16th (Miss Madelyn) and they have a boy a couple months younger than Bo, named Eli.  We were discussing our boys and they told us they got rid of his binky not too long ago.  After talking with them it gave both Josh and I (more me) the encouragement to finally go through with getting rid of it. 

We prepped him by telling him in the mornings, before it was officially gone, that we gave them to the babies.  And he would willingly put them on the table every morning to give them to the babies, but he clarified to let us know he wanted to give them to the babies at school.  After a couple days of that before bed he asked for his binky so we would just remind him that he gave them to the babies at school who need them.  He wasn't too reluctant, which was a relief.  There was one night that I almost caved.  Bo woke up once and asked for his binky and I went searching around the house at 2 am for them, but apparently Josh knows me better than I thought because he hid them from both of us. :)

So we have the Nelson's to thank for giving us the push to finally say "bye, bye" to the binky.  The better news is that we got to say hello to this beautiful little face.

No comments:

Post a Comment