growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

6.24.2013

Nursery Tour

This project has been in the works for many, many weeks!  I have taken on a lot of projects myself which has been good and bad.  The good is that she will have many handmade things that were made with love and have much more meaning than buying them in a store.  But the bad is that it created some extra stress on this mama!  It was well worth it though.  The nursery turned out perfectly and I wouldn't change a thing.  A big thank you to my hubby who painted and hung everything just as I had envisioned it.  And also a big thank you for him putting up with  my occassional nag sessions to get things done or "how much I still needed to do".  You are a trooper and thanks for your patience with your pregnant wifey. 

I started out by choosing the colors.  I changed this midway through planning, but thankfully hadn't purchased anything yet, so we were still safe!  I had many inspirations, mostly from Etsy, but also from other blogs that I follow.  Some of these bloggers just suck you right in and before you know it you have changed your entire house! :)  The first purchased was made on March 22nd, so we were locked in after that point. 

I went with the colors Mint and Coral Pink.  I love, love, love these colors, however, they are kind of hard to find.  Bo's nursery was a light green color and had a decal on the wall, so we knew we needed to repaint.  The color of paint is called "Sandy Beige".  It was perfect!  I knew I wanted the walls to be a neutral color, because we are hoping to sell our house in a couple years. 



 
 
 
 
 One of my favorite parts of the nursery is the Owl signs.  These were handmade by me, but the idea was stolen off of etsy.  I wrapped two canvases in fabric and then drew an owl on a piece of paper before cutting the outline out onto a piece of cardboard.  Then I cut out all the parts of the owl with different shades of pink fabric and wrapped pieces around the cardboard and made it stick with hot glue and/or spray adhesive.  The "Owl Always Love You" sign I painted all letters on except for the vowels.  The vowels I cut out of the fabric that was used on the owl so they would blend with eachother.  These types of things always look easier to do then they really are, but I loved the way they turned out!
 
 
 

 
This block has a different saying on each side purchased from Etsy. 'Before you were conceived, I wanted you, Before you were born I loved you, Before you were here an hour, I would die for you, and This is the Miracle of love.'  Josh picked the side that would face forward. :)

 
This was also purchased from the same seller on Etsy.  It was just too adorable to pass up!


 
You can't really see it from the picture, but the changing pad cover is mint and white.

 
There is a letter hanging from the fabric that has the first letter of her name, however, we are keeping that a secret for now.  But I made this as well.  I bought a wooden letter from hobby lobby and spray painted both sides and then took some of the left over fabric from the owl signs, folded and hot glued it.  I then stapled the fabric to the letter.  The hook is from Hobby Lobby.

 


 
This will eventually get hung from the ceiling with a piece of fabric, but that is the last thing we have left to do!  It was something different from the traditional mobile. 
 
 
 
 
This was another homemade project.  It hangs above the closet.  I got the idea from Pottery Barn Kids, but the cost to make it was probably a third of the cost to buy it.  Plus, I was able to add in my own definitions to make it more personal.  We purchased a piece of wood and cut it to the dimensions 12x36.  I spray painted the base of it white and bought sticker letters in the craft department from Hobby Lobby (more than anticipated because I used a lot of same letters).  After cutting out each letter to measure the layout, I placed each sticker and spray painted over the letters.  Once dried, I peeled off each sticker.  I love the way it turned out, and Bo got one for his room as well. 
 
Almost everything else is either from TJ Maxx, Target, Hobby Lobby, and bedding/blankets, curtains and changing pad covers are from Etsy.  It is nearly impossible to find these colors at normal retail stores, so Etsy has saved me.  I have also gotten to be quite the addict to Etsy when it comes to normal household items.  Love that website!!
 
I will give a tour of Bo's Big Boy Room next!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment