growing rhamy family

growing rhamy family
love my little family

6.03.2013

Shower/Bachelorette Party

This weekend was yet another busy weekend for the Rhamys.  My mom came to town on Friday to help my Gma do some shopping and I hosted my cousin's shower and bachelorette party on Saturday.  Saturday morning, Josh worked during the Dam 2 Dam race (a 20K race) and my brother ran in it!

I missed seeing Josh Saturday morning because I left before he got back from working.  We hosted Jenna's shower downtown at West End Salvage.  This is such a neat place to have events like this.  It is a coffee shop that also has tons and tons of antiques!  They even had a show on HGTv for a few weeks starting on Feb. 14th.  For the shower we had some finger foods and cake of course.  Instead of introductions everyone had to write down something sweet or a memory you had with Jenna (could be embarrassing, silly, drunken...).  Then we gathered all the post its up and she had to guess who it came from and also share the story with the group.  The next game we played was He Said, She Said.  I love this game!  I asked Nick and Jenna the same questions and then picked one of the two answers and the group had to guess if it was Nick or Jenna that said the statement.

The next game was the classic TP game where you had to make a wedding dress out of TP.  My grandma was the model for our team, however, her skirt ended up falling off before judging took place.  She was excited to wear a wedding dress, she said, because she never got a real wedding.  My gpa and her ran away in the middle of the night and found a Justice of the Peace in Arkansas.  (She is from Shreveport, LA and my gpa was down there for the airforce.)





We finished up the shower with gifts.  It was a very successful shower!  Following the shower we got ready for the Bachelorette Party.  I went home and saw Josh for about 15 minutes while I changed and headed to the brides house to begin the festivities!

bridesmaids with the bride



We ate dinner at Fireside Grille in Altoona then after returning to the brides house, they played some drinking games and she opened up underwear from everyone and had to guess who they came from.  There were all different kinds of underwear!    It was a fun game:).

The bus arrived at about 9pm and the night began!  Everyone had a great time and I even made it until 1 am, I don't think I had been up that late in months! 



some gross undies!

 

me and one of the bridesmaids, mandy


the group!
While we were at the bachelorette party Nick and Josh took Bo to eat at Jethros and then to eat ice cream.  They said that he was pretty wound up when they got home!

The next morning Josh and Nick played golf and my mom, Bo and I ran some errands.  Josh went into work yet again at 2pm and that evening Nick and I hung out with Bo.  Nick will be visiting all week while he has training in the area for work! 

It was fun, but very busy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment